- Strong academic record
- Research experience and productivity
- Confirmed commitment and support of faculty mentor
- Sound scientific writing skills
- Completion of master’s degree preferred but not required
Application Package must include the following:
- Curriculum Vitae (max 10 pages)
- Wayne State University academic transcript
- One-page personal statement of career goals related to infant, child, or adolescent development and multidisciplinary research interests
- Letter of support / recommendation from proposed faculty mentor. If you have previously participated as a Trainee in the MPSI program, you are exempt from submitting a letter of support.
- One sample of scientific writing (e.g., class paper or first-author published work)
- Cover letter to include reasons for wanting to participate in the training program, and how it would advance your research career. If you have previously participated in MPSI events, it is helpful to describe those activities (e.g., MPSI Research Colloquium series, MPSI/IOG Professional Development series, MPSI/IOG Lifespan Alliance Research Day, other MPSI activities).
Deadline for application is June 14, 2019
Submit your application packages as a single PDF file.
Contact the Director of the MPSI Pre-Doctoral Training Program, Dr. Julie Aikins, for more information: 313-664-2547 or email email@example.com.
2019 Predoctoral Trainee information.