The Wayne State University Alumni Association strives to increase opportunities for students. By offering scholarships to students involved in extracurricular groups, the alumni association recognizes the important contributions of student activities both to the educational experience and to campus life.
Through this scholarship program, the alumni association encourages the student leaders of today to become the alumni leaders of tomorrow, and pays tribute to WSU President Emeritus David Adamany, who served from 1982 to 1997.
Awards are for tuition and other educational expenses for full-time or part-time study at Wayne State University for undergraduate or graduate study. See criteria for complete requirements.
- Currently enrolled full-time or part-time undergraduate or graduate Wayne State student.
- Demonstrated dynamic participation in one or more WSU extracurricular activities (e.g., student organizations, athletics, The South End, volunteerism)
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75 at the time of application.
- Timely submission of a complete application, including essay responses, and the three related required documents (two letters of recommendation and a WSU transcript).
- Complete and submit the application below, along with the required documents described, no later than 5 pm on January 31, 2019.
a. The application requires two essay responses. Ensure you complete your essay responses.
b. Two letters of recommendation are required. The letters must be dated after June 30, 2018. The letters should be written by WSU faculty, staff or students who are familiar with the scope and depth of your extracurricular activities. Each letter of recommendation should explain the relationship between the writer and you.
c. A copy of your most recent unofficial transcript from WSU.
- You must complete all parts of the application. Incomplete submissions and submissions received after 5 pm on January 31, 2019, will not be considered. Any materials submitted other than those required above will not be considered.
Recipients are selected by the WSU Alumni Association Awards & Scholarship Committee. The committee ranks each applicant on the basis of its review of the content of each application, the scope of university activities, and the quality of the letters of recommendation. Applicants ranked highest are awarded scholarships of a fixed amount, which can be used for tuition and other educational expenses. The amount of available funds limits the number of scholarships awarded. All decisions are final. Awards will be distributed by the WSU Office of Student Financial Aid according to university policies and procedures.
No preference is given to previous awardees of this scholarship. If you were previously awarded a WSU Alumni Association - David Adamany Endowed Scholarship, you must re-apply to be considered for a scholarship for the 2019-2020 year.
Award notification will be made by March 30, 2019.