Social Work Student Research Symposium
Friday, March 27, 2020
9:30 am-12:00 pm
McGregor Memorial Conference Center
Why should students participate?
This event will provide students an opportunity to present their research on a poster and share their work with classmates, faculty, and the social work community. There will also be a new opportunity to give a 3-minute oral presentation about your research. This will be a great addition to resumes as students begin their job search as social workers. A $50 cash prize will be awarded to the best posters at the BSW, MSW and PhD levels.
You must apply to participate in the Symposium via our Online Application Form (link below). The application includes the submission of a structured abstract (no longer than 250 words) using the following headers: Background/Significance, Methods/Approach, Results/Findings, and Discussion/Conclusions. This year’s application will also include the option to give a 3-minute oral presentation about your research displayed in your poster, or an additional research project. Guidelines for oral presentations will be provided
What is a research poster?
Posters should include:
· Title, Authors, Affiliations
· Student Aims/Approach
· Findings/Outcomes (graphs, tables, findings)
A $50 cash prize will be awarded to the best posters at the BSW, MSW and Ph.D. levels.
1. Poster design is presented clearly and professionally
2. Poster material demonstrated strong academic training in research, theory, or practice/policy components
3. Student Presenter(s) demonstrated a sophisticated understanding of the material when presenting to attendees
Please include your project's title and abstract in the "Title" text box below. Abstracts should be no longer than 250 words. You are required to submit a structured abstract using the following headers: Background/Significance, Methods/Approach, Results/Findings, and Discussion/Conclusions. Abstracts over the required length, submissions that fail to use a structured abstract, and submissions that are not approved by the Faculty Mentor will be rejected.
DATES TO REMEMBER:
· Application to participate submission EXTENDED deadline: Monday, February 10, 2020
· Acceptance/revision notice emailed to students: January 27 – February 14
· Designing a Research Poster Workshop: More information to come.
· Deadline for poster submission: Friday, March 6
· Event: Friday, March 27 from 9:30 am - 12:00 pm
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: For detailed information on the application, posters, and the event, contact Neva Nahan at email@example.com or 313-577-9918.