Deadline: March 24, 2017
Amount: The Retention Scholarship covers up to 4 graduate credits of tuition in Fall 2017 at the in-state WSU Graduate School rate effective that semester.
Description of the Award:
In an effort to retain and support students engaged in Master’s studies, this scholarship is available to degree-seeking students who demonstrate financial need and have been continuously enrolled in a Wayne State University Master’s program.
Applicants who qualify for this scholarship must:
- Be enrolled in Fall 2017 for a minimum of 3 graduate credits;
- Carry a 3.0 GPA in their Master’s program, as reflected on an unofficial transcript (or if the student will not have posted grades by the deadline, then the student should submit the undergraduate transcript and ensure that adequate progress as indicated by grades on assignments is noted in the Graduate Director letter);
- Be continuously enrolled since at least Fall 2017 or earlier and be making satisfactory academic progress in a Master’s program;
- Must have a Master’s Plan of Work on file with the student’s college or school;
- Must have more than 12 credits left to complete graduate degree
- Students are eligible only if they have not received Graduate School funding for Fall 2017. Specifically,
- Students receiving tuition scholarships from The WSU Graduate School (e.g., Graduate Professional Scholarships) are not eligible.
- In addition, GTA, GSA, and GRA recipients and students receiving tuition-paying fellowships are not eligible.
To apply, students should submit:
- An unofficial copy of their graduate transcript;
- A copy of their approved Master’s Plan of Work;
- A personal statement of no more than 500 words describing how they meet the award criteria and explaining academic accomplishments, financial need, and personal strengths as it pertains to their educational goals (for example: initiative, persistence, etc.); AND
- A letter from the Graduate Director for their current Master’s Program addressing the student’s satisfactory progress in their program of study.
- Students are to compile all application materials and upload using the application link.
Award decisions will be made by committee and will be announced approximately one month after the submission deadline.
Questions about this Graduate School Scholarship should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.