Deadline: March 24, 2017
Amount: The Completion Scholarship covers up to 4 graduate credits of tuition in Fall 2017 at the in-state WSU Graduate School rate effective that semester.
Description of this Award:
The aim of this scholarship is to provide tuition assistance to students who are nearing the end of their graduate studies at WSU so that they complete their degrees in a timely fashion and enter the workforce.
To qualify for this scholarship, the applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Students must be enrolled in at least 3 credits of graduate level coursework at WSU in Fall 2017.
- Students must have satisfactory academic standing in their departments and an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher in their current Master’s program.
- The completion of the Master’s degree in Fall 2017 must be a reasonable benchmark: The student should have no more than 12 credits left to complete at the time of application, and the Master’s student should be applying for graduation no later than Fall 2017.
- Students who have received a completion scholarship in the past are not eligible for an additional completion scholarship.
- Students are eligible only if they have not received Graduate School funding for Fall 2017. Specifically,
- Students receiving tuition scholarships from The WSU Graduate School (e.g., Graduate Professional Scholarships) are not eligible.
- In addition, GTA, GSA, and GRA recipients and students receiving tuition-paying fellowships are not eligible.
To apply, students should submit:
- An unofficial copy of their graduate transcript;
- A copy of their approved Master’s Plan of Work;
- A personal statement of no more than 500 words describing how they meet the award criteria and explaining academic accomplishments, financial need, and personal strengths as it pertains to their educational goals (for example: initiative, persistence, etc.); AND
- A letter from the Graduate Director for their current Master’s Program addressing the student’s satisfactory progress in their program of study and the likelihood of graduating from the master’s program in Fall 2016.
- Students are to compile all application materials and upload using the application link.
Award decisions will be made by committee and will be announced approximately two months after the submission deadline.
Questions about this Graduate School Scholarship should be directed to email@example.com.