Thank you for your interest in the 2017 C2 Pipeline Biomedical Engineering & Sports Medicine Program! This program is for students who are interested in concepts of biomedical engineering and its place in the sports world. Program highlights include:
• Exploring the field of Biomedical Engineering
• Creating and building a prototype of athletic personal protective equipment
• Applying the design process to imagine, plan and build solutions to sports equipment
• Testing protective equipment for popular sports
• Learning more about mechanical and software design, project management and teamwork skills
The program runs from Monday, July 10, 2017 to Thursday, July 20, 2017 from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM – Monday through Thursday. All sessions are held on the Wayne State University campus at the College of Engineering.
For students attending one of the 15 C2 Pipeline schools there is no charge for this camp (for a list of schools visit our website). The charge for this program for non-C2 pipeline school students is $70.00 per student. Scholarship reductions are available based on a student’s school lunch status; however, proof of eligibility must be submitted. This session is limited to 25 students.
In order for a student to be, accepted payment and/or proof of their school lunch status and an application must be received in our office. For C2 Pipeline school students only an application must be received in our office.