The James and Patricia Anderson Engineering Ventures Institute presents the 5th Annual Student Innovation and Design Day Competition on Thursday, April 18, 2019, from 1 - 4:30 p.m. This event will be held in the Wayne State University Student Center Ballroom and Hilberry ABC rooms.
The Anderson Institute will offer several awards to Design Day participants: a $1000 first place award, a $500 second place award, and a $250 third place award. In order to be considered for an award, you must do the following:
- Complete the following registration form.
- Submit your project poster electronically by 5:00 p.m. Friday, March 29, 2019. Please use this Poster Template to create your poster.
- Be present at the Design Day event on Thursday, April 18, 2019, from 1 to 4:30 p.m.
Submission guidelines and instructions will be emailed once the registration form has been submitted.
For those interested in presenting to the Anderson Institute Advisory Board and requesting support with development, commercialization, and marketability of a product, please submit a 2-minute video along with your poster. While the poster is required, submitting a video is optional, albeit strongly encouraged. The top videos will be selected to present in front of the Advisory Board.
Videos should be no more than 2 minutes and address the following:
- What problem are you solving?
- How does your product solve the problem?
- Why is this important?