The James and Patricia Anderson Engineering Ventures Institute presents the 5th Annual Student Innovation and Design Day Competition on Thursday, April 18, 2019, from 1 - 4:30 p.m. This event will be held in the Wayne State University Student Center Ballroom and Hilberry ABC rooms.
This event is an opportunity to showcase cutting-edge solutions to engineering challenges and commercial and social needs. Undergraduate and graduate students, student teams, and student organizations are invited to present engineering innovations and capstone projects to the College of Engineering community, industry representatives, local entrepreneurs, current and prospective students, potential investors and employers, and more!
The Anderson Institute will give out several awards to Design Day participants: a $1000 first place award, a $500 second place award, and a $250 third place award.
In order to be considered for an award, participants must do the following:
- Complete the registration form. Registration deadline is 5:00 p.m. March 10, 2019.
- Submit your project poster and 2-minute video electronically by 5:00 p.m.. Friday, March 29, 2019. Participants must use this Poster Template to create their posters.
- Be present at the Design Day event on Thursday, April 18, 2019, from 1 to 4:30 p.m. Participants must be present to win awards.
To aid the judges, participants are very strongly encouraged to submit a 2-minute video that addresses the following questions:
- What problem are you solving?
- How does your product solve the problem?
- Why is this important?
Submission guidelines and instructions will be emailed once the registration form has been submitted.
Don't miss this opportunity to showcase your work to our community and potential employers. Please complete the registration form below. Registration deadline is 5:00 p.m. March 10, 2019.