Join us for our 6th Annual Saxophone Day @ Wayne State University on March 26,2023. The Annual Saxophone Day@Wayne State event is open to all area middle school, high school, college, or adult saxophonists with a passion for improvement in their saxophone playing abilities. The day is hosted by the Department of Music, Dr. James Fusik, Prof. Chris Collins, Prof. Russel Miller, and WSU Faculty Marcus Elliot. It will include a featured performance by the Marcus Elliot Quartet, WSU Student Chamber ensembles, and the Detroit Saxophone Ensemble.
Saxophone Day Faculty Clinicians:
- James Fusik, WSU Faculty
- Russell Miller, WSU Faculty
- Chris Collins, WSU Faculty
- Marcus Elliot, WSU Faculty and Featured Performer
To Register for Saxophone Day at Wayne State:
Registration will only be available online. The cost to participate in the program is FREE. Participants will receive an event t-shirt, and a pizza lunch (those with dietary restrictions, please email the event coordinator in advance of the event day).
Masterclass participation: If you are interested in performing work from the standard saxophone repertoire in the masterclass, please be sure to indicate it on the registration form. A pianist will be provided. Pre-existing quartets are welcome to apply. Registration Deadline: March 13, 2023
Session to include:
- Beginning and Advanced Improvization Clinic
- Detroit Saxophone Ensemble Rehearsal
- Saxophone Vendor Exhibitior
- Classical Clinic and Master Class
- Featured Concert: Marcus Elliot Quartet
- Final Saxophone Day Recital