Bring a group to the Michigan Performing Arts College Fair (MIPACF)!
The University of Michigan School of Music, Theatre & Dance (SMTD), in partnership with the Michigan State University College of Music and Wayne State University College of Fine, Performing and Communication Arts, will host the Michigan Performing Arts College Fair on Saturday, October 12, 2019 at SMTD’s Earl V. Moore Building from 2:00 to 4:00 PM, with Admissions panels at 12:30 PM (Music programs) and 4:00PM (Dance, Musical Theatre, and Theatre programs).
This unique college fair is for students who are interested in pursuing a degree in the performing arts. Attendees will have the opportunity to meet admissions representatives from the nation’s top colleges, universities, and conservatories and to learn about their programs in all areas of the performing arts. Students, parents, and teachers are all welcome to attend. For more information about the college fair, visit: https://smtd.umich.edu/admissions/explore-visit/mipacf/
As part of our commitment to bringing students to the fair, we are offering grants of up to $300 for group bussing costs.
- The application will remain open until all grants have been allocated.
- A certified teacher leading a school group must be the primary contact.
- Community groups must designate primary contact.
- Incomplete applications and applications without transportation estimates will not be considered.
- Private/personal transportation costs are not eligible (i.e., personal car).
- School groups: Obtain permission from your school principal to apply for the MIPACF Bus Grant.
- Community groups: Obtain permission from your organization to apply for MIPACF Bus Grant.
- Obtain a written estimate for transportation costs and upload into this application.
- Funds are distributed on a reimbursement basis after the visit has occurred.
- Following the visit, an invoice with final expenses must be submitted promptly for reimbursement. The invoice must be from the school or community organization affiliated with the group.
- Submit this application along with your estimate of transportation costs.
- Applicants will be notified of the status of their grant request by email.
- Awardees will be sent a W9 and vendor form for the school or community group to fill out and return prior to the event. The school or community group listed on the vendor form must submit an invoice for reimbursement of funds. We cannot accept invoices from the transportation company.