Fields with asterisks (*) are required.
All graduate students in the humanities, arts, or related disciplines are eligible to apply. Students outside the traditional humanities should demonstrate that their proposed presentations have significant humanistic or artistic content. The applicant must be the sole presenter, or principal presenter in a group presentation. In the latter case, only one student will be funded from the group. Only one student per department will be funded to go to a particular conference. We do not fund students participating in graduate student conferences. Graduate students can only receive one award per year.
Each award recipient will be funded up to $300 for travel to conferences or exhibitions held nationally or internationally between September 6, 2019 and August 14, 2020. Deadlines to apply for specific terms are as follows:
September 13, 2019 for Fall 2019
December 6, 2019 for Winter 2020
April 10, 2020 for Spring/ Summer 2020
There is no application form. Each applicant must submit the following before attending the conference:
1. A cover letter including your department affiliation, a mailing address and e-mail address, the name and location of the conference to be attended and the dates on which you will travel
2. Evidence that your paper/ artwork has been accepted by the conference or exhibition. This should take form of a letter or email to the student from the conference/ organizers
3. An abstract of the paper to be presented or description of the work to be exhibited
4. A short personal statement indicating the significance of this presentation to your future professional career
5. An itemized budget including, if applicable, financial support from other units.
6. A letter from your advisor in support of your application
Questions? Please contact Walter Edwards at firstname.lastname@example.org or (313) 577-5488